TAKE ME BACK TO NAPOLI


Remember my post from April 2018 From Florence to NapoliI was shocked the first time I arrived in Naples and honestly I did not like it so much, to put it mildly. 

And even if there are thousand different cities in this world, a little more than one year later, I was back exactly to Naples just to discover everything from another perspective this time. 





And there is probably no better time than a December morning for a flashback to the summer in South of Italy. 

What changes the complete picture of the city is when you actually travel with someone native. I finally felt absolutely secure and could have a proper look to the rich facets of Naples. 

1) Architecture 

A mix of Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque styles makes the city a true treasure. The place was settled first by the Greeks, then captured by the Romans, which explains the architectural and historical abundance. 
There are hundreds of churches (it is said 1000 in total, wouldn't be surprised if it's true). Napoli has the greatest concentration of churches in Europe, maybe even in the world. It seemed to me that in every street there were at least three.










Duomo di Napoli


2) Naples Underground - Napoli Sotterranea

A city under the city. For those who can't never get enough, there are actually two cities in Naples. 40 meters below the turbulent streets of the historic center you find another world, the cradle of Naples. Walking through the tunnels you seem to visit a silent witness of the so loud city nowadays. 




3) Pizza

Pizza was invented in Napoli. Since 1984 there is even an Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana who certifies pizzerias that use the proper artisan traditions of authentic Neapolitan pizza.

Moreover, Naples has the most stars from the Michelin Guide of any Italian city. 





4) Uniqueness

Sure, Naples is certainly not the most pedantic city, but I cannot deny that it is at least extremely authentic.
In a world where so many things and feelings are simply fake, Naples seems not to give a damn about conventionalities. And I love it.









Galleria Umberto I (built between 1887-1891) 


And how is called this one? Umberto? 








Castel Nuovo







Life is actually my most favourite movie. 
And I am just so grateful that it proved me wrong. 







#loveistheanswer #definitely #conamoremio 
Thank you for making me happy. 


Once I heard that the end in Napoli coincide always with the beginning. 

After what I experienced, it really might be true...



Napoli. September 2019. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darling, but I am already in Gstaad..!

Elegance of Being: with de GRISOGONO at the HUBLOT POLO GOLD CUP GSTAAD

WHITE TURF ST. MORITZ #SpeedOnTop